Examination Sessions for IGCSE & A-Level qualifications
Practical & Theory
May – June
Last Week Of Jan
LAst Week Of Jun
April – June
October – November
Candidates’ Selection Procedure for IGCSE: Students can select subjects according to their requirements for further studies in college/university. However students have to complete the required number of Compulsory subjects for school Report card along with IGCSE subjects.
- Students elect IGCSE subjects in Grade-8,
- Most of the IGCSE Syllabus is taught in Grdae-8 & 9 including past-papers practice,
- IGCSE syllabus is completed in Grade-10, along with the comprehensive revision of full syllabus and practice past-paper.
- Grade-10 students scoring 75% and above marks in first term exams are selected to register for IGCSE June session.
- Mock Exams are held in the end of March to prepare students for CIE board Exams as well as considered as Final exams for Grade-10,
Candidates’ Selection Procedure for GCE-AS/A2/AL:
- Candidates opt for GCE A-Level subjects in Grade-11.
- GCE-AS Syllabus is taught in Grade-11 & GCE-A2 syllabus in Grdae-12.
- Students scoring 75% marks in first term exams are considered eligible to register for June session, and scoring below 75% may be given the option to appear in November session.
- GCE-AS marks carry forward in A2 to complete A-level.
CIE Registration: Entry Requirements and Procedures
Asia International School in collaboration with British Council Examination Services registers the candidates for May-June and Oct-November Examination sessions. Students who have opted for IGCSE, AS & A-Level subjects can proceed for Registration. There is step by step Exams Process Guide to complete the Registration procedure.
|1||Registration Forms & related information to the candidates;
(School Admin Office)
|2||Registration: Candidate Completes the Form, provides the Required Documents and submits Registration Fee;
(School Accounts Office)
|3||Registration Confirmation: School verifies the Registration details & sends to British Council|
|4||British Council Sends Statement of Entry(SOE): British Council finalizes the Statement of Entry & Exam Venue details;
(Students collect their SOE from school Admin Office)
|5||Oral & Practical Exams will be held in Mar/April for June Session & in October for Oct/Nov session;
(Please see the Statement of Entry for further details)
|6||Written Exams take place as per the timetable; Candidate must bring the SOE & Valid Passport to the Examination Venue & report at least 30-minutes before the exam;
(Exam Venue details will be provided by school)
|7||Result School will provide the Login details to the candidates to check results; (Certificates are released in November)|
Cambridge ICE (International Certificate of Education)
Cambridge ICE is a group award for Cambridge IGCSE. It allows schools to offer a broad and balanced curriculum by recognising the achievements of learners who pass examinations in at least seven Cambridge IGCSE subjects from five different subject groups, including two different languages.
The Cambridge IGCSE subjects are grouped into five curriculum areas:
- Group I: Languages
- Group II: Humanities and Social Sciences
- Group III: Sciences
- Group IV: Mathematics
- Group V: Professional and Creative
Learners must take 7-Subjects from these groups
- 2- Different languages from Group I (2)
- 1-subject from each of Groups II, III, IV and V. (4)
- 1-subject can be taken from any of the five subject groups. (1)
- English as a Second Language (ESL) (0510)
- First Language Arabic (0508)
- Arabic as A Second Language (0544)
- Urdu as a Second Language (3284)
Group-2: Humanities & Social Sciences
- Economics (0455)
- Islamiyat (0493)
Group 3: Sciences
- Physics (0625)
- Chemistry (0620)
- Biology (0610)
- Mathematics (0580)
Group-5: Creative, Technical & Vocational
- Accounting (0452)
- Business Studies (0450)
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT-0417)
Students may take these 7-subjects over two consecutive examination sessions. Candidates who meet the requirements of Cambridge ICE will be awarded the following Result status on ICE Certificate:-
|Grade ‘A’ or above in 5-subjects & Grade ‘C’ or above in 2-subjects||Distinction|
|Grade ‘C’ or above in 5-subjects & Grade ‘F’ or above in 2-subjects||Merit|
|Grade ‘G’ or above in 7-subjects||Pass|